About WT Careers
Job OpportunitiesWhile career paths are often multidisciplined at Western Technologies, the following links provide standard position descriptions by discipline:
- Environmental Consulting
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Materials Testing and Inspection
- Nondestructive Testing and Inspections (NDT)
Environmental ConsultingEvaluation of constituents present in our soil, atmosphere, water, and industrial and urban effluents is vital to the development of cost effective environmental management programs. Western Technologies provides the engineering and scientific expertise essential to the successful implementation of environmental projects. Site assessments, investigations, feasibility studies, consultations, air quality studies and remedial services are provided by experienced professionals.
- Environmental Scientist –
- BS, MS or PhD in engineering, environmental science or related discipline. Performs field and office work in connection with Phase I ESA, RI/FS, UST, asbestos, and industrial hygiene projects.
- Geologist / Geoscientist –
- BS, MS or PhD in geology, agronomy, soil science or related field. Conducts field investigation / monitoring programs. Advise on geological suitability of site for construction. Study the nature of ground and surface water, soil, bedrock, and environmental effects for land use and planning. Includes mapping, field and laboratory testing and analysis.
- Industrial Hygienist –
- BS, MS or PhD in physical sciences. Performs field measurements and sampling to evaluate workplace hazards and indoor air quality. Evaluates structures for asbestos and lead. EPA certifications preferred.
Geotechnical EngineeringGeotechnical engineering is the application of civil engineering technology to the natural materials found at or near the surface of the earth. Western Technologies' engineers use field exploration, laboratory testing, and engineering analysis to provide sound, economically feasible solutions to the challenges of a site's soil mechanics and the projects' foundation design requirements.
- Geotechnical Engineer, EIT –
- BS, MS, PhD in civil or geotechnical engineering or related field who has passed the fundamentals of engineering exam and is working toward professional registration.
- Geotechnical Engineer, PE –
- BS, MS, PhD and/or PE in civil or geotechnical engineering or related field with project management skills.
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer, PE –
- BS in civil engineering or related field, MS or PhD preferred, with 10 years experience and PE registration. Manages geotechnical exploration projects, prepares proposals, reviews reports, and manages staff. Entrepreneurial awareness of current market needs is required.
Construction Materials Testing and InspectionAs an independent certified laboratory and inspection agency, Western Technologies provides services that include material mix designs, acceptance and quality control testing, special inspections, and quality management for a wide range of construction projects. Specialties include the testing and inspection of soil, concrete, asphalt and steel construction.
- Entry Level Engineering Technician –
- Trained to perform field and laboratory testing of concrete, soil, asphalt, and aggregates. Learn how to become part of a successful construction project through on-the-job training with a defined career path.
- Engineering Technician –
- Perform field or laboratory testing of concrete, soil, asphalt and aggregates. Experience in construction materials testing. Desirable certifications: NICET, Nuclear Gauge, ACI, state DOT certifications.
- Special Inspector –
- International Code Conference (ICC) certified in reinforced concrete, pre-stressed concrete, structural steel and bolting, structural welding, spray-applied fireproofing, structural masonry and/or soils.
- Senior Engineering Technician –
- Perform field or laboratory testing of concrete, soil, asphalt and aggregates. Ten years experience in construction materials testing. Manages projects, prepares proposals, reviews reports, and manages staff. Entrepreneurial awareness of current market needs is required. Certifications: NICET, Nuclear Gauge, ACI, state DOT certifications.
- Construction Materials Engineer, EIT –
- BS, MS or PhD in civil engineering or related field who has passed the fundamentals of engineering exam and working toward professional registration.
- Construction Materials Engineer, PE –
- BS, MS, PhD and/or PE in civil engineering or related field with project management skills.
- Senior Construction Materials Engineer –
- BS in civil engineering or related field required, MS or PhD preferred with 10 years experience and PE registration. Manages projects, prepares proposals, reviews reports, and manages staff. Entrepreneurial awareness of current market needs is required.
Nondestructive Testing and Inspection (NDT)Western Technologies provides nondestructive testing and inspection services such as radiography (gamma and x-ray), ultrasonic, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, thermography, certified welding inspections and ground-penetrating radar (GPR). Additional services include forensics, failure analysis, QA/QC audits, construction and blast vibration monitoring, and more. Codes and specifications utilized include, but not limited to AWS, ASME, API, AWWA, ANSI, IBC / ICC, ASTM, SNT TC-1A, AISC.
- Nondestructive Testing Technician (NDT) –
- AA in NDT or related work experience required. ASNT or Field certified Level I, II or III in radiography, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant, thermography. Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) experience helpful, but will provide on-the-job training. Should have diverse knowledge of NDT disciplines. Building construction experience a plus.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) –
- Must be certified through American Welding Society (AWS), plus have related work experience in testing and inspecting welded joints of work in progress and of completed units for visible defects, correct dimensions, joint strength, bead formation, weld penetration, and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications. Examines joints to detect visible flaws, such as cracks, cold weld, spatter, and undercuts. Inspects joints for hidden cracks and pits using magnaflux machine and ultrasonic testing equipment.
(602) 437 8979
(602) 437 8979
Cities Commonly Serviced ©2013 WTI all rights reserved.
|Cities Commonly Serviced|
|Southwest||South West||Ajo, AZ||Apache Junction, AZ|
|Bagdad, AZ||Benson, AZ||Bisbee, AZ||Bullhead City, AZ|
|Casa Grande, AZ||Chandler, AZ||Clifton, AZ||Douglas, AZ|
|Flagstaff, AZ||Florence, AZ||Fort Mohave, AZ||Fountain Hills, AZ|
|Gilbert, AZ||Glendale, AZ||Globe, AZ||Goodyear, AZ|
|Holbrook, AZ||Kingman, AZ||Lake Havasu City, AZ||La Paz County, AZ|
|Leupp, AZ||Marana, AZ||Maricopa, AZ||Mesa, AZ|
|Miami, AZ||Mohave Valley, AZ||Morenci, AZ||Nogales, AZ|
|Page, AZ||Parker, AZ||Payson, AZ||Peoria, AZ|
|Phoenix, AZ||Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ||Portal, AZ||Prescott, AZ|
|Quartzsite, AZ||Queen Creek, AZ||Safford, AZ||Salome, AZ|
|Scottsdale, AZ||Sedona, AZ||Sells, AZ||Show Low, AZ|
|Sierra Vista, AZ||Springerville, AZ||St. Johns, AZ||Surprise, AZ|
|Tempe, AZ||Tolleson, AZ||Tombstone, AZ||Tuba City, AZ|
|Tucson, AZ||Wickenburg, AZ||Willcox, AZ||Williams, AZ|
|Window Rock, AZ||Winslow, AZ||Wittmann, AZ||Yucca, AZ|
|Yuma, AZ||Alamosa, CO||Bayfield, CO||Cortez, CO|
|Durango, CO||Grand Junction, CO||Monte Vista, CO||Montrose, CO|
|Ouray, CO||Pagosa Springs, CO||Silverton, CO||South Fork, CO|
|Telluride, CO||Trinidad, CO||Pocatello, ID||Alamogordo, NM|
|Albuquerque, NM||Aztec, NM||Belen, NM||Bernalillo, NM|
|Bloomfield, NM||Carlsbad, NM||Chama, NM||Clayton, NM|
|Clovis, NM||Deming, NM||Espanola, NM||Eunice, NM|
|Farmington, NM||Flora Vista, NM||Gallup, NM||Hatch, NM|
|Hobbs, NM||Kirtland, NM||Las Cruces, NM||Las Vegas, NM|
|Lordsburg, NM||Los Alamos, NM||Los Lunes, NM||Milan, NM|
|Placitas, NM||Raton, NM||Rio Rancho, NM||Roswell, NM|
|Ruidosa, NM||Santa Rosa, NM||Santa Fe, NM||Shiprock, NM|
|Silver City, NM||Socorro, NM||Springer, NM||Taos, NM|
|Truth or Consequences, NM||Tucumcori, NM||Boulder City, NV||Elko, NV|
|Henderson, NV||Las Vegas, NV||Laughlin, NV||Mesquite, NV|
|North Las Vegas, NV||Wells, NV||West Wendover, NV||El Paso, TX|
|American Fork, UT||Blanding, UT||Layton, UT||Logan, UT|
|Moab, UT||Monticello, UT||Ogden, UT||Orem, UT|
|Provo, UT||Salt Lake City, UT||Sandy, UT||Spanish Fork UT|
|Taylorsville, UT||Virgin, UT||Evanston, WY||Green River, WY|
|Go to top|
|Consulting Engineers||Consulting Scientists|
|Materials Testing||Materials Engineering|
|Materials Analysis||Environmental Engineering|
|Environmental Analysis||Environmental Consultants|
|Geotechnical Consultants||Concrete Testing|
|Concrete Analysis||Concrete Engineering|
|Concrete Problems||Asphalt Testing|
|Asphalt Analysis||Asphalt Engineering|
|Asphalt Problems||Masonry Testing|
|Masonry Analysis||Masonry Engineering|
|Grout Testing||Grout Analysis|
|Grout Engineering||Natural Stone Testing|
|Natural Stone Analysis||Natural Stone Engineering|
|Soils Test||Soil Testing|
|Soil Analysis||Soil Engineering|
|Soils Problems||Soil Problems|
|Soil Compaction||Aggregate Testing|
|Aggregate Analysis||Aggregate Engineering|
|Crumb Rubber Testing||Crumb Rubber Analysis|
|Crumb Rubber Engineering||Crack Sealant Testing|
|Crack Sealant Analysis||Crack Sealant Engineering|
|Field Testing||Field Analysis|
|Field Engineering||Laboratory Testing|
|Laboratory Analysis||Laboratory Engineering|
|Nondestructive Testing||Nondestructive Analysis|
|Nondestructive Engineering||Highrise Geotechnical Engineering|
|Commercial Building Geotechnical Engineering||Industrial Building Geotechnical Engineering|
|Residential Building Geotechnical Engineering||Airport Geotechnical Engineering|
|Roadway Geotechnical Engineering||Bridge Geotechnical Engineering|
|Design Build Geotechnical Engineering||Power Plant Geotechnical Engineering|
|Transmission Line Geotechnical Engineering||Water Treatment Geotechnical Engineering|
|Water Reclamation Geotechnical Engineering||Dam Geotechnical Engineering|
|Flood Control Geotechnical Engineering||Tower Geotechnical Engineering|
|Wall Geotechnical Engineering||Forensic Geotechnical Engineering|
|Slope Failure Analysis||Inspection Services|
|Remediation Design Plans||Expert Witness Services|
|Non-Routine Geotechnical Analysis||Vibration Monitoring Analysis|
|Excavation Analysis and Design||Slope Analysis and Design|
|Seismic Analysis||Hazard Assessment|
|Environmental Analysis||Environmental Assessment|
|Environmental Consulting||Geotechnical Consultants|
|Phase I Environmental Assessment||Phase II Environmental Assessment|
|Site Assessment||Environmental Site Investigation|
|Underground Storage Tank Inspection||Brownfield Analysis|
|Facility Audits||Environmental Monitoring|
|Environmental Training||Environmental Management|
|Environmental Remediation and Cleanup||Remedial Alternatives Analysis|
|Remedial Action Plans||Industrial Hygiene Analysis|
|Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL)||Environmental Exposure Monitoring|
|Employee Health and Safety Assessments||Environmental Compliance Training|
|Employee Health and Safety Training||Indoor Air Quality Assessment|
|Indoor Air Quality Monitoring||Biological Monitoring|
|Chemical Monitoring||Moisture Intrusion Detection|
|Moisture Intrusion Remediation Plans||Indoor Air Quality Abatement Project Design|
|Mold Detection||Mold Remediation Plans|
|Mold Abatement Design||Mold Abatement Oversight|
|Mildew Detection||Mildew Remediation Plans|
|Mildew Abatement Design||Mildew Abatement Oversight|
|Asbestos Detection||Asbestos Remediation Plans|
|Asbestos Awareness Training||Asbestos In Schools|
|Asbestos Abatement Design||Asbestos Abatement Oversight|
|Lead Based Paint Inspections||Lead Based Paint Detection|
|Lead Based Paint Remediation Plans||Lead Based Paint Abatement Plans|
|Reinforced Concrete Inspection||Structural Masonry Inspection|
|Prestressed Concrete Inspection||Spray-Applied Fire Resistant Materials Inspection|
|Fire Resistant Coatings Inspection||Structural Steel and Bolting Inspection|
|Welding Inspection||Earthwork and Soil Construction Inspection|
|Framing Construction Inspection||Nail Construction Inspection|
|In-Situ Load Tests||Proprietary Materials Inspection and Testing|
|Proprietary Systems Inspection and Testing||Construction Quality Assurance|
|Construction Quality Control||Pavement Engineering|
|Pavement Rehabilitation||Foundation Inspection and Testing|
|Earthwork Observation||Nondestructive Services|
|IAS Membership||AASHTO Membership|
|DOT Membership||Block Testing|
|Core Testing||Cylinder Testing|
|Building Code||Rebar Testing|
|Go to top|